Honolulu Contractor License Bonds

Efficient and Comprehensive Bonding Services Across All the Hawaiian Islands

Contractor license bonds are required by law in many states, including Hawaii. In other states, they can often be mandated by your clients or by your insurance company. Fortunately, providing a contractor license bond can act as an endorsement for your business, enhancing your legitimacy and potentially attracting new clients.

Schedule a free initial consultation to explore your contractor license bonding options today. Call (808) 400-1518 or contact us online to get started.

Why Do I Need a License Bond as a Contractor in Hawaii?

If you are a contractor based in Hawaii that wishes to work on projects valued at $2,500 or more, you will need the appropriate contractor license. These licenses are issued by the state. The Hawaii Contractors License Board requires that contractors procure a license bond before applying for a license. In other words, if you wish to obtain a state license, you will need to also secure a license bond

How Much Does a Contractor License Bond Cost in Hawaii?

Most licensing bonds cost from 3% to 10% of the total bond amount per year.  The Hawaii Contractors Licensing Board will determine the amount of your bond after reviewing your application.  Bond amounts vary in size.  

Why choose us?

Put Our Experience & Knowledge to Work for You
  • Locally Owned and Operated for Over 45 Years
  • We Offer Great Rates for All Clients
  • Our Process Is Quick & Easy
  • Office Location Minutes Away From DCCA


Follow these easy steps to apply, quick, and easy!

Step 1: Fill out an Application Form & Personal Financial Statement 

Step 2: We will contact you promptly.

Step 3: Make payment upon approval.

If you have questions about our quick and easy process, call us today! (808) 400-1518


A contractor license bond works to protect the employees of the bonded contractor by guaranteeing payment. The bond also indicates the contractor will follow all relevant regulations and protects the public from any injuries that might occur as a result of the licensee’s conduct. A contractor license bond also emphasizes the legitimacy of your contracting business and can instill confidence in potential clients.

How Do I Get a Contractor License Bond?

You can obtain a contractor license bond through a licensed and registered insurance producer. Our team of experienced professionals will work with the relevant regulatory authorities to secure you the best possible rate on your contractor license bond.

In many cases, A-1 Bonding can facilitate same-day pickup, same-day delivery, and same-day issues for contractor license bond requests. Speak to a member of our team, fill out the appropriate paperwork, and let us do the rest. It’s that easy!

Why Do You Need a DCCA Insurance License in Hawaii?

In Hawaii, a DCCA insurance license is required for individuals or businesses that sell, solicit, or negotiate insurance policies. This license is issued by the Hawaii Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs (DCCA) Insurance Division and is necessary in order to legally sell insurance products in the state. The purpose of requiring this license is to ensure that insurance professionals are properly trained and licensed, and to protect consumers from fraud or other unethical practices.

Steps to Obtaining a Hawaii DCCA Insurance License

The steps to obtaining a DCCA insurance license in Hawaii may include the following:

  1. Meet the eligibility requirements: To be eligible for a DCCA insurance license, an individual must be at least 18 years old, have a high school diploma or equivalent, and be of good character.
  2. Complete pre-licensing education: In order to take the insurance licensing exam, an individual must complete pre-licensing education, which varies depending on the type of insurance to be sold. This education can be completed through classroom or online courses.
  3. Pass the insurance licensing exam: After completing pre-licensing education, an individual must pass the insurance licensing exam. The exam is offered by Prometric Testing Centers in Hawaii and covers the material learned during pre-licensing education.
  4. Submit a license application: Once the exam is passed, an individual must submit a license application through the National Insurance Producer Registry (NIPR) to the DCCA Insurance Division. The application must include fingerprints, passport-style photograph, and a $100 application fee.
  5. Maintain continuing education: To maintain an insurance license, insurance professionals must meet continuing education requirements to renew the license.

Note: These are general steps, please refer to the Hawaii Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs (DCCA) Insurance Division website for the most accurate and up-to-date information. 

Secure Your Contractor License Bond Today

If you are a contractor looking to obtain a license in Hawaii or from any other state, A-1 Bonding can meet your needs. We sell all license bonds required by the Department of Commerce & Consumer Affairs (DCCA) and any other state, county, or city regulatory agency. 

The process for obtaining your Honolulu contractor license bonds is easier than ever before. We offer great low rates to everyone, no matter your circumstances. We also provide free UPS delivery, free hand delivery to DCAA for continuations and reinstatements, and free notary services with bond pickups. 

Apply for a contractor license bond today by calling (808) 400-1518 or contacting us online.


Contact Us or 808-400-1518
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.